1. Manicure. Rub a dab of body oil on your cuticles to soften.
2. Pedicure. Rub a generous amount of body oil all over your feet. Put on thick cotton socks and allow the oils to soak in. (Do this before bed for extra oomph.)
3. Perfume. We know most of our customers don’t like perfumes or synthetic fragrances (we don’t either!), but if you like the subtle scent of the mandarin in our body oil, apply a few drops along pulse points for a light fragrance. (Pulse points are behind the ears, knees, wrists, elbows and neck area.)
4. Shaving “cream.” Rub generously on legs for a close shave. Using our body oil may also reduce shaving irritation and eliminate the need for a post-shave moisturizer.
5. Frizz-buster. Place 1 or 2 drops of body oil into your hands and run lightly through the hair. (This also helps with dry ends!)
6. Deep-conditioning hair treatment. Rub a generous amount into your hair before bed. Comb it, pile it in a loose bun on the top of your head, place a towel over your pillow, and hit the hay. In the morning , shampoo as usual and enjoy your luxurious locks!
7. Body exfoliator. Make a basic sugar scrub mixing a 2-1 ratio of sugar to body oil. Mix in a small bowl or jar. Rub gently into skin in the shower and rinse off. You won’t believe how soft your skin will feel!
8. Bath booster. Get lux in the tub by adding our unique mixture of nourishing essential oils that leave your skin feeling silky smooth.
9. Lip softener. Make your lips extra kissable by mixing 1 TSP each of brown sugar, vanilla extract, and body oil; gently rubbing into lips; and wiping off with a warm wash cloth.
10. Paw lubricant. Does your puppy get sore, cracked paws from walking on hot sidewalks in the summer or from cold, dry winter air? Rub some body oil on her paw pads for healing and relief.
How have you used Honest Body Oil? Share your tips in the comments below!
This post was revised as of 3/28/2016.