Making cookies for the big man (in red)? This recipe, straight from #HonestMama Ayesha Curry and featuring that irresistable combo of salty and sweet, is sure to make him — and anyone else who happens to be enjoying them — very happy.
Pistachio and Dark Chocolate Brown Butter Cookies
¾ cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk)
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
¾ cup pistachios (shelled)
Flaky sea salt, for topping cooking (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Make the brown butter: Melt ½ cup butter in a skillet over medium heat. Gently stir until butter has begun to foam and lightly brown. Remove from heat.
3. In a mixer or large bowl, add brown butter and the remaining butter. Allow butter to soften in the brown butter. Add brown sugar and vanilla, and mix well. Add one whole egg and one egg yolk, and mix until mixture is smooth and well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir to combine.
5. Using a spatula, slowly combine flour mixture into wet mixture until dough comes together. Don’t over mix! Gently mix in the pistachios and dark chocolate chips. If time allows, refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.
6. Use a spoon or cookie scooper and add even sized dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Cook for 10 minutes until set in the center and golden brown around the edges. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired and allow to cool.