With the long weekend ahead, we turned to Co-Founder, Jessica Alba, to find out her top picks of things to pack. Check out the 9 sunny weather staples, below!
[gallery link="file" ids="20242,20247,20236,20246,20243,20238,20240,20241,20237"]
9 Memorial Day Must-Haves
- Mineral Sunscreen. Keep skin safe from the sun with this lightweight, non-greasy formula. It’s ideal for babies and adults alike, so you only have to pack one product to protect the whole family.
- Canvas Carryall. A cotton bag is ideal because it’s easy to pack, holds a ton and can be tossed in the wash when you return. This particular tote from FEED also provides 35 school meals for children around the world, so you can feel good about your purchase.
- Super-soft Towels. You can never have too many towels! These ones from Pottery Barn Kids are made with pure cotton and colored with eco-friendly dyes.
- Sun Protective Swimwear. Double up on sun protection with a swimsuit with a UPF 50 rating, designed to block the sun’s rays. This one from Target is affordable, but doesn’t skimp on sweet details.
- Water Resistant Sandals. Whether headed to the beach or pool, sandals are going to get wet! Stock up on this rubber style from Old Navy that's easy to pack and available in every color combo imaginable.
- Talc-Free Baby Powder. Baby powder is a summertime staple — sprinkle it on sandy feet to leave the mess at the beach or use it as a a dry shampoo to keep hair feeling fresh. Click here for a few more of our favorite hacks.
- Stylish Sunnies. Shield little eyes from the sun with colorful shades. This pink pair from Janie & Jack have flexible rubber arms so they'll stay comfy all day, even if kids succumb to a quick nap.
- Ultra-versatile Wipes. Wipes are as essential for the everyday, as they are for getaways. Clean up popsicle drips, wipe down dirt and grime, and use to freshen up. Honest hack? Keep a pack in your ice chest for a quick and easy way to cool down.
- Smart Snack. Always keep a quick (and healthy!) snack on hand in case the kids get hungry. Bitsy’s Brainfood makes their snacks with an extra sprinkle of nutrition and the resealable pouch is perfect for on-the-go.