GET 40% OFF YOUR FIRST MONTH'S DIAPERS + WIPES BUNDLE. USE CODE DIAPER40.
FREE GROUND SHIPPING IN THE CONTIGUOUS US WITH ANY HONEST BEAUTY PURCHASE. NO CODE NEEDED, RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
We love our babies, we love your babies! That’s why even the smallest choices we make are so important – they add up to something really big. We’re proud to bring you complete infant nutrition made with ingredients from trusted organic farms. And we’re honored to be a part of your feeding journey.
Breast milk is the ideal source of nutrition for your baby. You can feel confident feeding our 100% nutritionally complete, USDA certified, organic sensitive infant formula as a way to nourish your baby if and when chosen or necessary.
Before preparing the infant formula, make sure to always wash your hands. Thoroughly wash bottle and feeding utensils in hot, soapy water before each use. Ask your baby’s doctor about the need to boil or sterilize water for formula and the proper preparation of bottle and feeding utensils.
1. Wash hands, surfaces & utensils. Pour desired amount of water into clean bottle.
2. Add powder to water in bottle (see feeding chart below).
3. Cap bottle; shake well until powder is dissolved. Feed immediately, use within 1 hour, or discard.
|2 fl oz bottle||2 fl oz||1 unpacked level scoop (8.5g)|
|4 fl oz bottle||4 fl oz||2 unpacked level scoop (17g)|
|6 fl oz bottle||6 fl oz||3 unpacked level scoop (25.5g)|
|8 fl oz bottle||8 fl oz||4 unpacked level scoop (34g)|
*Ingredients not genetically engineered
**No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rbST treated and non-rbST treated cows.
CAUTION: Never use a microwave to prepare or warm formula. Serious burns may occur. Do not reuse the formula container, and do not use if inner or outer seal is damaged or missing.
USE BEFORE DATE ON BOTTOM OF CONTAINER.
INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC NONFAT MILK, ORGANIC PALM OIL OR PALM OLEIN, ORGANIC SOY OIL, ORGANIC COCONUT OIL, ORGANIC HIGH OLEIC (SAFFLOWER OR SUNFLOWER) OIL, ORGANIC WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, LESS THAN 1%: MORTIELLA ALPINA OIL (ARACHIDONIC ACID), DHA ALGAL OIL (SCHIZOCHYTRIUM), FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDE, ORGANIC SOY LECITHIN, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, MIXED TOCOPHEROL CONCENTRATE, CALCIUM HYDROXIDE, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, CUPRIC SULFATE, FERROUS SULFATE, MAGNESIUM PHOSPHATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, POTASSIUM BICARBONATE, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, POTASSIUM IODIDE, SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM SELENITE, ZINC SULFATE, ASCORBIC ACID, BETA-CAROTENE, BIOTIN, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, CHOLINE BITARTRATE, CYANOCOBALAMIN, FOLIC ACID, INOSITOL, NIACINAMIDE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, RIBOFLAVIN, THIAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D (CHOLECALCIFEROL), VITAMIN E (dl-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE), VITAMIN K (PHYTONADIONE). CONTAINS MILK AND SOY INGREDIENTS.
DILUTED: EACH 5 FL OZ (150 mL) CONTAINS 100 CALORIES
At the heart of everything we do at The Honest Company is a passion for empowering people to live happy, healthy lives. We are proud to offer a whole line of safe products for families and babies, and we know what goes IN baby is just as important as what goes on baby, especially their first food.Our co-founder Christopher experienced firsthand the challenges of finding quality nutrition when he was seeking a breast milk alternative for his first child and he simply couldn’t find any choices that met his standards. This journey and struggle as a parent was one of the heartbreaking realities that led him to help create The Honest Company — to create the solution for healthy, safe products in a family's life.
Our Principles & Philosophy in feeding are very clear:
We believe babies deserve the best we can give them (see our Feeding Standards & Promise), so as with all of our products we decided to make something that reflects our Honest Standard — quality, organic nutrition made with integrity. A premium, nutritionally complete breast milk alternative for families that need it (whether chosen or necessary). As always, we are committed to raising the bar across all family and household goods. And we believe it's possible.
1. Check the expiration date: Do not use past the “use by” or expiration date as the formula’s quality is unknown at this point. While you’re looking for the expiration date, also look at the condition of the container. If you see a rusted, dented, leaking or bulging tub or canister – don’t use it.
2. Sterilize bottle and accessories (nipples, caps, rings) before first use. To sterilize, place the items in a pot of water large enough to hold all of them and boil for 5 minutes, remove with tongs and allow to air dry. It’s not necessary to sterilize after this initial time, simply wash in warm, soapy water to clean.
3. Wash your hands! Before preparing your baby’s formula, wash your hands in warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds (make sure to clean in between your fingers and under your fingernails).
4. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for preparing formula. For powder: Use the scoop provided in the tub or canister. Refer to the tub or canister for manufacturer’s instructions regarding correct measurements of water and powder – incorrect mixing can provide too little (or too much) nutrition for your baby’s delicate system. Please read the directions very carefully. Feed with love!
5. Warming formula: It’s totally OK to offer baby room temperature or even cold formula. Try it out and see what he or she thinks – it could save you a lot of time in the long run! If your baby does indeed prefer to drink it warm, never heat it up in the microwave. This can warm the formula unevenly, creating hotspots that can burn baby’s mouth. Place the bottle in a bowl of hot (not boiling) water or under hot running water.
6. Prepare in small batches: Formula can only stay in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours and then needs to be discarded. Once your baby has drunk from a bottle of formula, it needs to be discarded within an hour to prevent an overgrowth of bacteria. Do not put a bottle back in the refrigerator once your baby has drunk from it.
Now that you have a great formula selected and you know the safest way to make it, enjoy these precious moments bottle feeding your baby!