If you’re only using Honest Face + Body Lotion for dry skin, you’re missing out. Check out these five ideas for taking advantage of all the botanical goodness in this multitasking moisturizer.
1. Shave with lotion. You probably put on lotion after you shave. But if you put it on before, you won’t need it after! Plus, you won’t need soap or shave gels, so you cut back on the amount of product you’re using for the whole process. Just put the lotion on your legs as you would normally (without rubbing it in) and shave as usual. Even with rinsing, the intense moisturizing power of Honest Face + Body Lotion will leave your skin soft and smooth.
2. Kick static. Dry air can turn clothes into static factories. In a pinch, rub some lotion into your hands and then rub your hands on the offending piece of clothing. Just be sure you don’t use too much! The lotion should be rubbed into your skin enough that you don’t see it anymore, but your hands should feel slightly damp.
3. De-frizz your hair. Same as above, simply rub lotion into your hands and then run your hands through your hair to tame frizz and flyaways. (This works for pets with static-y fur, too!)
4. Exfoliate your face. Wet your face, put a small amount of lotion in your hands, add about a teaspoon of organic cane sugar or baking soda, gently rub into your skin, and rinse. The sugar acts as a mild exfoliant and the organic calendula and botanicals in the Honest Face + Body Lotion help hydrate and soothe skin.
5. Nourish your nails. Keep a bottle of Honest Face + Body Lotion on your nightstand and lather your hands before bed. The lotion’s aloe, calendula, olive oil, shea butter, and Vitamin E will moisturize your hands, nails, and cuticles while you sleep.
This post was revised as of 10/7/2015.