Summon spring—and the weekend—with this delightful berry spritzer. The refreshing drink is easy to craft and makes the perfect mocktail for brunch, al fresco dining, or reading a book on the porch.
While you can use any berry or a mix, the strawberries’ natural sweetness is a lovely complement to the mint. And the blackberries, while slightly more tart, make a tasty pairing with the lime.
Berry Spritzer Mocktail
- a handful of organic berries
- fresh, organic mint leaves (no more than two sprigs)
- juice of 1 organic lime
- 2 tablespoons of agave, honey, or other sweetener (optional)
- club soda
1. Give your fruit and herbs a good rinse with Fruit + Veggie Wash.
2. Muddle or purée the berries with the juice of one lime, the mint, and the optional sweetener. For the blackberry spritzer, we used about half of a 6-ounce container. And we used five or six large strawberries for that version. Then we added three to four mint leaves from two sprigs to capture the herb's essence.
3. Fill your glass with ice. Spoon your berry mixture over it. Then top it with club soda. Depending on how fruity you enjoy your drinks, you can reserve this for one mocktail or divide it between two.
4. Mix the spritzer using a cocktail shaker.
5. Serve with berry, lime, or mint garnishes.
6. Bring on the warm weather and enjoy.
We aim to provide you with the most honest and credible information possible. This article was reviewed for accuracy by The Honest Team and was written based on trusted sources that are linked at the bottom of the article.blog_review_statement