As a certified B Corporation, we try to treat every day like Earth Day, but today is extra special! Earth Day — which began 45 years ago today — gathers more than 1 billion participants each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. Today we are showing you 7 ways to turn your “trash” into treasure, because a green earth is a clean earth.
7 Ways to Repurpose Your Honest Packaging
1. Travel Stain Remover: Fill your empty hand sanitizer spray bottle with stain remover to tackle spills while on-the-go. It’s perfectly purse-sized so it will fit into your favorite tote or backpack.
2. Succulent Spritzer: Succulents are a favorite these days because they are extremely low maintenance and require very little water. Turn your empty fruit and veggie wash bottle into a spritzer and use it to water your succulents every 2 weeks, or when the soil looks dry.
3. Flower Vase: Round up your empty product bottles (shampoo, conditioner, and lotion bottles will work best) and carefully remove the labels. Arrange the bottles side by side and use your favorite ribbon or colored washi tape to secure them together. Fill with water and a variety of springtime flowers!
5. Musical Shakers: Turn your old health and wellness bottles into musical shakers for your kids by filling them with household items. Have your kids choose different dried goods (like lima beans, popcorn kernels, or rice) or various household objects (like buttons or pennies) then experiment with the different sounds each makes. These bottles have a convenient child safety locked lid so you won’t have to worry about the contents spilling out, but always be sure to supervise your little ones.
6. Watering Can: Keep your garden green with a watering can made of a laundry detergent bottle. Check out this blog post and follow the easy how-to. You’ll also find a list of other ways to upcycle this household staple.
7. Glass Tumbler: Once your candles have seen their final flame, remove any remaining wax and give your glass container second life as a milk (or wine!) tumbler. They also work well as a penholder or home for small plants. Honest Tip: Having trouble de-waxing your glass? Try putting your candle in the freezer for 2-3 hours — the remaining wax should pop right out!
What are your favorite ways to upcycle? Share your ideas with us below!