Summer is the prime time to enjoy the sweet fleshy fruit that is the cherry. Eat them as is, or try them mixed into these decadently delicious bars. Dzung Lewis (of Honeysuckle!) stopped by the Honest kitchen to show us how it’s done.
CHERRY GARCIA BARS
1 stick of melted butter
¾ cups of dark brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
¼ tsp of kosher salt
⅛ tsp of baking soda
1 cup of all purpose flour
¾ cups of chocolate chips
1 cup of cherries
- Mix melted with dark brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg, beat it, and then add the vanilla extract, kosher salt, and baking soda. Give it another good mix and then add the flour, chocolate chips, and pitted cherries.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper, making sure the edges stick out, and spread the batter evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 18-20 minutes until the middle is set and the edges are nice and golden brown.
- Once it’s ready let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then using the sling from the parchment paper, take it out and cut into bars.
~ Dzung Lewis, Honeysuckle
Honeysuckle is a food and lifestyle YouTube channel that showcases personal style expressed through food, beauty tips, and home entertaining ideas. Make sure to follow along on Instagram!