Everything You Need to Know About Creating the Ultimate Baby Registry Checklist
As the concept of an Amazon Registry becomes more and more popular, lots of parents are wondering: Is it worth it to break from the traditional route of registering baby products at retail stores and give the online method a try? We think yes -- and here’s why:
How to Create an Amazon Gift Registry
Let’s start at the very beginning. Here’s how to find the Amazon Baby Registry Page:
- Go to the Amazon homepage.
- On the top of the page, on the right side of the navigation bar just under your name, hover over accounts and lists.
- When the menu pops up, look to the left hand side to find Baby Registry.
- From there, you can get started setting up your profile.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, you don’t need a Prime membership to create a baby registry list. As long as you have an Amazon account, you can curate a complete baby registry checklist that lets you select and share any and all essential items you are interested in. Whether you come across the perfect stroller, baby diaper bag, car seat, changing pad, or other adorable baby gear that would fit your lifestyle and baby's needs, add it to the list with one click. Share this list of favorite items with your friends and family to give an insider’s scoop as to what products you have your eye on. You never know, they may come wrapped as baby shower gifts.
Amazon Baby Welcome Box
One of the most amazing things about setting up a baby registry checklist on Amazon is that they’ll send you a little gift box called a Welcome Box.
To get it the Welcome Box sent to you all you have to do is:
- Be a Prime member. If you’re not currently a member, sign up for their Amazon Prime free 30-day trial. That way you’ll qualify for the box and, to be honest, no one needs Prime more than parents, so we have a feeling you’ll never look back.
- Check out their Ultimate Baby Registry Checklist and add a few items from the list to your cart.
- Purchase something for at least $10 from your registry checklist.
The exact items vary based on what Amazon thinks parents are loving at the moment, but generally speaking you get $35 dollars worth of samples for both mama and babe like diapers, baby lotion, nipple creams baby shampoo & wash.
Returns on Amazon Registry
Another bonus: You get a full 90 days to return items purchased from your registry.
To return a Baby Registry item simply follow these instructions:
- Go to your Baby Registry.
- Click on Thank You List & Returns
- Find the item you want to send back.
- Click Return Item
- Follow the directions from there to submit a return for your gift
Amazon Baby Registry Discount
We love this: Two months before the baby arrives, Amazon will let you use your special registry completion coupon.
That means if you have any leftover items on your registry checklist, you can buy all your faves for 15% off with a Prime membership and 10% off without Prime.
Thank you, Amazon, for catering to parents’ ever-changing needs when shopping for the most essential baby products.
The Amazon Baby Registry Checklist
The beauty of Amazon is that they have everything. So anything you think you might need as a parent, even if it’s super specific to your family, is there for your registry. We’ve put together our Honest Company registry favorites so that you can browse our trusted products from wipes to diaper bags and everything in between.
Here are the things we think you need to put on your list as you prepare for your baby’s arrival:
- Diapers - We suggest registering for size 1 diapers
- Wipes - These will become your sidekick. Seriously, you’ll learn to have them within reach at all times. From diaper duty to messy hands to runny noses, baby wipes are your BFF. Honestly, most moms we know even use them to take off their makeup at the end of a long day.
- The Amazon Diaper Fund - Obviously, this is one of our favorite features. You’re going to need a pretty much endless supply of diapers, but it’s hard to tell what size will fit your baby in the distant future. Instead of registering for a ton of diapers in all the sizes and having to store them, this feature lets your friends and family contribute money toward an Amazon gift card that you can use to restock your diaper pail as your baby grows.
- Diaper Bag - The Honest Company City Backpack is where fashion meets function (finally). Our vegan leather backpack’s structured design and sturdy material make it a go-to bag, whether it’s being used for baby’s essentials or for mom and dad’s necessities.
Picking out baby clothes is one of the best parts about nesting. How could tiny shoes not give you all the feels as a soon-to-be mom? You’re going to need the cutest versions possible of these basics.
You’re gonna need a lot of baby gear for feeding. As baby grows, the essentials grow with them. Plus, if you’re planning on breastfeeding you’ll need specific products to make it easier and keep you comfortable.
For Your Nursery
If you’re nesting right now, don’t let yourself get distracted by all the cute decor. There are also a few essentials you need to get your nursery right and tight upon your baby’s arrival.
For Baby Care
From their little nails to their stuffy noses, these are the things you need to give them for that extra TLC in sickness and in health.
Bathtime is our favorite bonding moment for dads and moms alike. Splish, splash in the bath with these baby registry essentials for these tender occasions.
Other categories or products that you might consider adding to your Amazon baby registry checklist include toys, a stroller, a baby carrier, safety equipment, nursery decor, or play gear. With the essentials listed above, you will be more than prepared for the baby's arrival. Now have fun and soak it all in!
We aim to provide you with the most honest and credible information possible. This article was reviewed for accuracy by The Honest Team and was written based on trusted sources that are linked at the bottom of the article.blog_review_statement