Image shared by @the_velvetlife
Nowadays, there is a lot of awareness about social and environmental issues. Because of this, many people are starting to lean toward green or clean beauty products to give as sustainable gifts.
However, there is no clear definition of “clean beauty,” it depends largely on who you ask about it. Here in the U.S., there are only 11 chemicals banned by the FDA for use in cosmetics.
Regardless, there is still a baseline that most clean beauty companies adhere to. This baseline includes:
- Sustainable growth and processing of materials
- Proper labeling of ingredients
The broadest and most commonly used explanation of clean beauty is non-toxic beauty. Note that it may still contain some preservatives to make it safe for long-term consumption, as well as possess some man-made chemicals, provided they are toxin-free.
Gifts for People Who Love Makeup
Finding the perfect gift for a friend or family member who loves makeup can be challenging. Below is a makeup gift guide with ideas to look for when you’re ready to start shopping for your loved one.
During the holiday season and other special occasions, many beauty brands offer makeup sets that feature some of their most popular products.
These products might include sets of lipsticks, sets of lip glosses with lip liners, sets of different eye shadow palettes, or sometimes a bigger beauty set with all three combined. The best part is that when you buy beauty gift sets, they often come at a discount. This is one of the many reasons why they are perfect as beauty gift sets!
For a person who uses makeup every day, it’s crucial that they implement a daily skincare routine as well. You can help your friends by gifting them skincare sets, with multiple products to cater to all their needs. These sets might include:
If you’re unsure about what to buy, you can go for individual products instead of sets. If you’re in search of gifts for makeup lovers, you might try a newly launched lipstick or eyeshadow palette or any one of our beauty gift sets. For a skincare fanatic, perhaps try a high-quality Vitamin C serum. The choices are endless!
Best Skincare Sets
Our “Complete Calm” beauty gift set offers a 4-step, daily skincare routine for only $85.95. This beauty set includes:
- Calm On Foaming Cream Cleanser—designed to calm irritated and sensitive skin. It’s phyto-blend gently removes makeup and impurities.
- Calm & POREfect Serum—harnesses the power of marine-derived amino acids to minimize the appearance of pores, while gently exfoliating the skin without over-drying.
- Daily Calm Lightweight Moisturizer—a 24hr, lightweight, soothing moisturizer, made with a micro-form of hyaluronic acid to increase moisture retention.
- Calm & Go Face Mist—instantly soothes skin and reduces redness due to pro-vitamin B5.
Our “3-Step Flawless Skin Kit” is only $59.95, and can be used in the morning and evening for refreshed, ultra-hydrated skin. The makeup gift set includes:
- Prime + Perfect Mask—rich in skin-reviving antioxidants and shea butter, this superfruit mask and primer leaves skin smoother, glowy-er, and firmer.
- Vitamin C Radiance Serum—enriched with artichoke extract, hyaluronic acid, light reflecting pearl, and of course, Vitamin C, it brightens the skin and illuminates the complexion.
- Hydrogel Cream—a high-tech moisturizer, made with two types of hyaluronic acid to moisturize the skin thoroughly.
Our “Say No to Sheen Kit” is designed to reduce unwanted shine, detox the skin, and provide nourishment. The makeup kit offers:
- Gentle Gel Cleanser—gentle cleanser that uses a botanical blend of chamomile and calendula to calm the skin while cleaning it and remove heavy makeup without over-drying.
- Hydrogel Cream—a high-tech moisturizer made with two types of hyaluronic acid to moisturize the skin thoroughly.
- 3-in-1 Detox Mud Mask—harnesses the power of activated charcoal to deep cleanse the skin. It also includes Jeju volcanic ash, refined white bentonite, manuka honey, as well as shea butter.
- Honestly Pure Retinol Serum—lightweight retinol serum of retinol and hyaluronic acid combined to hydrate and tone the skin, improve texture, and minimize the look of fine lines.
When it comes to giving useful Christmas gifts, most of the time it’s the thought that matters more than what you’re actually giving. So, here are a few ideas to help you give your beauty gift set a personal touch that makes your recipient feel loved and seen.
- Add a handmade card or tag to go with your holiday gift. It’s a sweet gesture and depending on the card you make, an artistic one, too!
- Include a pic of you and the person you’re giving the gift to. It’s a reminder of your relationship together and adds a classic personal touch that makes your gift all the more special.
- Find a way to connect your gift to a special memory, or center it around one. Maybe add a little something they mentioned in passing once, to show them you pay attention.
- Combine your holiday gift with a basket filled with a few of their favorite things.
Regardless of how you give it, giving a gift to someone is one of the oldest ways of showing love and affection for others. Who says clean beauty gift sets can’t be a part of such a valuable tradition?